The Microfinance Acceleration Program for Practitioners in Sub-Saharan Africa: 10th Edition of Nigeria Country Program
The Microfinance Association has held this program in Lagos Nigeria since 2015. It has been a highly acclaimed and impactful program with attendees from microfinance banks, savings & loans associations, and regulatory agencies.
The recent lockdown and attendant effects on the economy have underscored the need for Microfinance Institutions to understand and reevaluate the key role they play in inclusive finance and economic development; and to position their organizations to deliver impactful financial services to the bottom of the economic pyramid more effectively, efficiently and profitably.
The Association has restructured the intensive program to address topics that would improve institutional strength and resilience in a COVID 19 era.
• Realign your institution’s priorities and performance to the current needs of your community
• Equip your staff with the key skills required to compete within the industry
• Familiarize your staff with global trends in microfinance delivery
• Provide insight into and understanding of the logic behind policies and procedures
• Introduce international standards of impact-based microfinance management
• Advance international best practices for microfinance management in the digital age
• Propose an innovative approach to enterprise risks assessment and management
• Equip your staff to improve the overall performance of your institution
• Microfinance Practitioners
• Development Finance Specialists
• Financial Inclusion Specialists
• Ministry of Finance Officials
• Developmental Agencies Staff
• Rural Finance Specialists
Module 1 – Trends and Emerging Opportunities in Microfinance
This module will cover the developments in the Microfinance sector and how institutions should position themselves to harness the opportunities presented.
Module 2 – Strategic Planning and Effective Implementation
This module discusses the need for MFIs to develop strategies that fit the current economic environment and to put in place effective implementation and M & E structures to ensure the strategies deliver the maximum results.
Module 3 – Products Development in Microfinance
This module examines how innovative products and services are developed to meet the needs of the specific customer segments of the market. Best practices would be shared amongst delegates.
Module 4 – Basic Financial Management and Analyses
This module discusses efficient and effective financial management in order to accomplish the profit objectives of microfinance institutions and achieve regulatory compliance simultaneously.
Module 5 – Risk Management and Business Continuity Planning Post COVID 19
This module will consider the various risks that institutions bear and how best to manage these risks.
Module 6 – Importance of Corporate Governance in Microfinance
This module discusses how a good corporate governance infrastructure supports Microfinance Institutions to achieve their dual mission of social impact and commercial sustainability.
Module 7 – Performance and Delinquency Management
This module will cover concepts for effective credit, treasury, and portfolio management.
Module 8 – Process Automation and Digital Finance
The recent lockdown has fast-tracked the need for MFIs to automate their operations. This module discusses effective digitalization strategies and routes.
Module 9 – Impact Analyses in Microfinance
Is Microfinance impoverishing its clients or empowering them? This module discusses the all-important topic of Impact Measurement in Microfinance
Module 10 – Case Studies and Break-out Sessions
Case studies have proven to be an effective way of adult learning. Several topics like Financial Analyses, Risks Management and Digital Finance would be studied using cases.
N100,000 or $250 per delegate. Discounts available for three or more delegates from the same organization.
For further details please contact us @ email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com