Strategic Leadership in Financial Inclusion – Executive Programme Series
The Strategic Leadership program is an executive education program aimed at providing high-level management and
leadership training to those shaping the microfinance industry, including CEOs of leading microfinance institutions and executives of mainstream banks entering the microfinance market.
This course will combine lectures, case studies, and use of practical tools to allow participants to appreciate the dynamics of strategy selection, implementation, and evaluation. The course will examine the process of determining issues such as
what an MFI seeks to achieve, what it wants to be, and how to get there.
The program will address fundamental challenges of doing business at the low-income segment of the financial sector, including:
- Vision, Mission
- Strategic Management – what does this mean?
- Strengths and weaknesses of Microfinance institutions
- Michael Porters five forces
- Microfinance Ratios
- Performance Management
- Balanced Score card
- Succeeding in highly competitive financial sectors;
- Balancing a social focus in a commercial setting;
- Reaching new business segments;
- Evolving products and delivery channels;
- Competitive dynamics;
- Capacity assessment tool for microfinance institutions
- Tipping Point Leadership
- Putting it all together
- Microfinance practitioners
- Central Bank officials
- Financial Inclusion Specialist
- Officials from the Ministry of finance
- Staff of Developmental agencies
- Rural finance specialist
We support your visa application process, but please note that you need a minimum of 3 weeks to process this.
$3000 (accommodation for 5 days)
Further information and an application form from